Monday, January 10, 2011

Charleston, SC--where history lives.

Last Thursday, I went to my favorite Southern city, Charleston, SC, for a few days and took a technology hiatus, which explains the lack of posts.

Charleston is a lovely historic coastal town. I got to spend an entire month there when I was seventeen, and I've been in love with it ever since. It's got it all--yummy seafood, a rich pirating and Civil War history, beautiful surrounding beaches, and stunning architecture!

We stayed downtown at the luxurious Charleston Place and ate twice at Hyman's, a famous Charleston seafood joint. Hyman's is a Charleston tradition, and tons of celebrities have eaten there (The tables have small plaques listing who has dined at your table. I ate at both Raven Simone's and Michael Phelps's spots.)

The next several posts will feature some snapshots of the weekend and some more information about Charleston--"where history lives."

No comments:

Post a Comment