Sunday, January 2, 2011

Things I Like: New York books

I've been in South Carolina for two weeks now, which has been lovely. I am, inevitably, getting a little city-sick, however. If you, too, are in need of a little "New York away from New York," check out Here is New York by E.B. White.

Written during the sizzling summer of 1948, Here is New York is a beautiful snapshot of the city. It's short--only 56 pages. I used to read this essay on the plane ride every time I traveled to and from New York.


Another New York book I love is the wonderfully-illustrated This is New York by M. Sasek. It's part of M. Sasek's This is... children's book series. You can check out the Czech author and illustrator's other work here. I just got two copies of these for my nephews.

1 comment:

  1. I like New York books, too, made ye. Read E.B. White's this summer--loved it!

    ReplyDelete