Thursday, January 13, 2011

Francophile


Yesterday, I applied for a new passport, so I can go to Paris for two weeks in May! I'm still looking for a traveling companion, by the way, so if you're interested in touring Paris, let me know (serious inquiries only, ;).

In the spirit of preparing for this trip, I thought I'd share some fabulous Frenchy things.

A clip from the beautiful 1956 French film, Le Ballon Rouge, directed by Albert Lamorisse. It's about a red balloon that follows a little boy around Paris. So wonderful.

A pretty pillow that says "Je t'aime."

An article about how part of Versailles is being transformed into a luxury hotel! Those will be expensive rooms, for sure.

And lastly, a catchy little rhyme that I remember from taking French back in high school--"Paris, Paris, qu'est que c'est Paris? Ce n'est pas comme les villes en Etats-Unis."

No comments:

Post a Comment